So yeah. The past two weeks have been spent primarily hanging out with my kids. Especially the college kid. I didn't write much. I didn't clean much. I didn't DO much besides whatever it was that my kids wanted to do.
BUT tomorrow is April 1st. For some, that may mean plotting evil tricks to play on their loved ones. Like putting salt in Dad's coffee or tricking Mom into believing there is mouse poop in the silverware drawer. For me, though, April 1st means the beginning of National Poetry Month! I love April because it gives me an excuse to subject my family to poetry readings, buy a couple new verse novels, write poetic (rhyming or not) blog posts, and generally share my love for the beautiful thing that is POETRY both online and in real life.
My plans for this month:
- Read at least two new verse novels (from this list, maybe?)
- Explore a few new forms of poetry
- Have a poetry party with my family
- Share excerpts of favorite poems on my blog, twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Write at least four blog posts, verse style
What about you? Any plans for promoting a passion for poetry this April?