One of the best things about being a children's author is having the chance to share my love of reading and writing with kids! During my visits to schools, I read one of my books and do a presentation or workshop on the following topics:
- Author's Toolbox - the "tools" an author uses to succeed. I bring a real toolbox and even wear a hard hat!
- From Idea to Published Book: A Story's Journey - The writing and publishing process. The students will see early drafts, revision notes, F&Gs, and more.
- Building a Story - My writing process from idea to polished manuscript. This is a powerpoint presentation. I include a printable worksheet that students can use to try my process on a writing project of their own.
- Rhythm and Rhyme - For older kids, a workshop on rhythm and rhyme in storytelling. For younger kids, rhythm and rhyme games.
- Or we can create A Custom Program based on your students' needs!
Most of these options can be adapted for a variety of ages and group sizes. If time and group size allows, they will also include a short activity.
I am available for school visits within 50 miles of the Omaha, Ne area. For schools outside of the area, virtual visits are an option.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org